Thursday, October 4, 2007

Finalizing Character Colour Scheme - NEED YOUR OPINIONS!

Ok guys, going strong at the moment, progressing very nicely with the collection of sounds effects and music for the animation, however I have hit a snag in one area, the god dam colour scheme for the character! Seriously guys and girls, I NEED YOUR OPINIONS! on this one.
I've put up three examples of what I'm going to choose from... basically the run down of what I want is for the animation to be as cartoony as possible and I need the character to reflect that.

I'll also put up some images of my scenes so you can see what I'm on about... (should have done that ages ago)

The first image is just using the ink and paint material. Since I want this to be cartoony I guess the best thing to use would be ink and paint.

The second is a variation on the cell shading , using a falloff map I'm able to retain the 3D appearance of the model, but it looks a bit dark. My greatest concern with this is that it fit in with my scenes .

Last is a combination of the two. I was able to get a good cell shaded effect and also keep strong highlighted edges around the model.

Please let me know what you think is best...

Thanks

1 comment:

Patrick Black said...

Very very nice. I like the color on the jumper and beanies and the fact that it's not clitche black. The only thing that looks a bit out of place is the shading on the eyelids could be a bit darker. But other that it looks great.