Saturday, September 15, 2007

Creating the Character


I had a MAJOR panic attack a few minutes ago... I was really worried that my character wasn't going to turn out the way I had hoped. Luckily, after applying a cell shader to what I had modeled so far, my anxiety over the subject faded. (BIG SIGH)

This is my thief thus far. Just getting his body right at the moment (I've drawn and redrawn this bastard all weekend trying to get him right!).
I know he looks a bit plain right now, but that will change. I'm planning to turn his shoes into sneakers, I'll give him a beanie on his head, along with a mask, also really wanting to give him a baggy jumper to wear, but I have no idea how to do cloth properly at the moment. Overall I want something thats cartoony, looks good and animates well, so I think I'm on the right track...

Anyways. I should have the hands done by tomorrow, then its finally on to the good stuff!

No comments: